5 ways for students to participate in the ANCC
- Showcase your research in the Graduate Student Competitions.
- Network with industry leaders in animal nutrition.
- Participate and ask questions during the career panel discussion at the Student Networking Event.
- Learn about the latest developments in animal nutrition research.
- Apply for the ANAC Scholarship.
Graduate Student Competition
ANAC was pleased to showcase the research of Canadian graduate students in animal science and nutrition during the ANCC Graduate Student Competition, held at the Animal Nutrition Conference of Canada 2023 in Montreal. This competition included two components: the oral presentation competition and the poster competition.
2023 Video abstracts
Check out this year’s Graduate Student Competition video abstracts by clicking the button below.
Having the opportunity to discuss the results of the research I am conducting with well-known researchers and industry members was excellent. It was an opportunity for critical thinking from different perspectives, stimulated by people with different backgrounds and understandings of the needs of the animal nutrition industry. The conference was valuable for knowledge transference and for several networking opportunities with other grad students, professors and industry professionals.
Poster competition winner, 2022
Past ANCC Competition Winners
Student Networking Event
Representatives from different segments of the Canadian feed industry discussed their career experiences in a live panel discussion. Afterwards, students participated in small discussion groups where they had the opportunity to ask questions to each panelist.
This event provided a unique opportunity to:
- learn more about the various roles that individuals play within the Canadian feed industry
- gain valuable insight on career opportunities
- make key industry contacts
- meet potential employers
Applications for the 2023 scholarship are now closed.
See the ANAC Scholarship webpage, linked below, for more details.