We are excited to have you to participate in the activities planned especially for students. During the conference, you will:
- discover future employment opportunities on the ANCC Job Board
- connect with leaders from different segments of the industry at the Student Networking Event
- be inspired by the innovative research at the Graduate Student Poster Exhibition
- learn about the research done by your peers at the ANAC Scholarship Lecture and the Graduate Student Presentations
Read on for further details.
Find career opportunities: ANCC Job Board
Check out the job board so you can:
- discover job opportunities with top employers in the industry and learn why their companies are great places to work
- find contact information for companies so you can reach out and kickstart your carreer
Learn from leaders in the field: Student Networking Event
Tuesday May 9, 3:00 – 4:30 pm
Salon 4 & 5
Gain invaluable insights into possible career paths from the career panel discussion featuring six experts from various segments of the Canadian feed industry. You will also have the opportunity to connect with panelists in small group discussions where you will be invited to ask questions.
Meet our panelists
- Dr. Alexandre Lima, Territory and Sales Manager, Jefo Nutrition Inc. Expert in sales and monogastric feed additives.
- Dr. Danyel Bueno Dalto, Research Scientist, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Research and monogastric laboratory work expert
- Holly McGill, Commercial Additives Leader Canada at Diamond V. Expert in ruminant and monogastric nutrition, feed formulation and sales additives
- Erin Ross, Technical and Regulatory Analyst at the Animal Nutrition Association of Canada. Expertise in association affairs and regulatory analysis
- Laura Scott, National Manager in Policy and Programs Branch at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Expert in regulatory and government affairs
Moderated by: Renée Petri, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Sponsored by Masterfeeds, An Alltech Company
Visit the Graduate Student Poster Exhibition
Wednesday May 10, 5:15 – 7:15 pm
Come learn from your peers! View each student’s 3-minute video abstract to get a sneak peek of their research by visiting the ANCC Graduate Student Competition Video Abstracts webpage.
Sponsored by Trouw Nutrition
Don’t miss the graduate student presentations!
Miranda Buchinski, University of Saskatchewan
ANAC Scholarship recipient, Opening Plenary
The impact of dietary nitrogen content and source on essential amino acid utilization and and growth performance in growing pigs
Jing Lu, Dalhousie University
Oral competition winner, Monogastric Session
Dietary inclusion of black soldier fly larvae mean (Hemetia illucens) promotes gut microbiota diversity in Lohmann Brown-Lite laying hens
Myriam Landry, Université Laval
Oral competition winner, Ruminant Session
Effects of lipid supplementation on milk composition and butter properties